Erik ten Hag confirmed in a tense press conference that Cristiano Ronaldo will be part of Manchester United’s squad to face Sheriff Tiraspol.
In recent weeks, the 37-year-old has been the topic of conversation as a result of a well-publicized altercation with the Dutch head coach.
He stormed down the tunnel at Old Trafford after refusing to enter the field during the 2-0 victory over Tottenham.
Ronaldo was consequently omitted from the matchday squad to play Chelsea at the weekend, sparking rumors that the Portuguese star may be permitted to leave the organization.
Although it is unclear whether the five-time Ballon d’Or winner will stay in Manchester for the long run and with a lengthy schedule to complete, Ten Hag claims that Ronaldo is once again a contender for their Europa League match on Thursday night.
Ten Hag provides Ronaldo update
In response to a question about Ronaldo, Ten Hag stated during his pre-game press conference: “Yes, Cristiano will be in the squad tomorrow.”
Soon after, more inquiries about the 37-year-old were made, and Ten Hag responded agitatedly with: “It’s not difficult, but we said everything and addressed every query.
“He was out for one game and now he’s back in the squad as usual.”
Responding to a journalist who said he would ask one more question, Ten Hag laughed: “You don’t have to because I won’t answer any more.
“All of the questions, everything we covered last week, everything we explained.
“We have to focus on the game. We have an important game because we want to be number one in the group, so let’s focus on that.”