A Facebook user, Ejike Ugwu, has taken to the platform to share how a young man who was carrying a poster of a presidential aspirant was prevented from committing suicide a few days ago at Maitama, Abuja. Mr. Ugwu shared the photos from the scene and wrote…
What I saw at Nicon junction in the Maitana axis of Abuja this Monday morning went a long way to remind me that here( Nigeria) is nothing but a drama theatre.
On my way to work today, we drove to Nicon junction, we met a young man seated on an advert galary above the ground with rope tied round his neck, a poster of a presidential aspirant stick on his cloth and 2019 boldly inscribed on his white agbada (native wear). He wore a white shoes to match and a pair of eye glasses
People gathered, include force men since it’s a traffic moment, almost all stopped over to understand what was happening. The young man through the help of some Nigerians was untied and helped to climb down from the galary!
According to popular opinion, He planed to commit suicide as a show of support to the Presidential aspirant!
Now, my questions are:
1) Where on this earth is threat to commit suicide a way of projecting opinion?
2) What has a presidential aspirant and 2019 to do with a young man attempting to take his own life?
3) When will Nigerian youths realize that these elderly really do not have our future in their agenda?
4) Those that trecked from Lagos to Abuja in 2015, can they still treck from Amac to Gwagalada for the same reason today?
5) Is this how we(the youths) will form leaders of tomorrow?
These and many other questions are demanding answers to. And as we are few months away from another decisive moment (general election), we can only do ourselves a favour by tactfully discharging our civic right of voting with your future in mind and not pocket for immediate gratification!
God bless Nigeria
Donald Don Prince, a Maryland, US-based Cameroonian business man, has passed away yesterday following the mourning of the death of his friend. Prince died on Wednesday, January 17, just hours after he took to Facebook to mourn the demise of his friend.
Prince was until his death the founder and CEO of Khati Khati chicken Ltd.
On Thursday evening, the deceased had posted a tribute to the friend, Dj Tambe, who showed him around when he first came to Maryland.
“One of his biggest wish was for me to move to Maryland. He took me around. Introduced me to his family and friends at high places. Helped me with a great strategy I still use today…
“Boy na here the money de he says”
Nothing sweet and remains...
Born without legs, Benue-born act, Vershima Wilson Mende aka Krazee Legs, is making a living by performing at O’Jez Music Concert holding weekly at the National Stadium, Suruelere, Lagos.
In this chat with SUN, the 26-year-old Benue State indigene opens up on life as a physically challenged artiste, debut album as well as his love life. Enjoy it.
What has been the response to your album, Walangolo released on O’Jez music label last December?
The response has been overwhelming. Walangolo, my debut album has been making waves and people just love me. It is a five-tracker featuring songs such as Promise and Fail and I Need Somebody among others.s
How did you hook up with O’Jez Music?
I came to Lagos to pursue a career in sports after my coach invited me. He said that I had to move down to Lagos where the action was. In my state, there...
About 12 students of the Osun State University, Osogbo campus slumped inside a lecture room yesterday.
According to Punch Metro, the students slumped as a result of leakage of a poisonous substance.
Some of the students said the gas leaked from one of the laboratories while others said they did not know the source of the chemical.
But they said that no fewer than 12 students slumped as a result of the leaked chemical and the affected students were rushed to some hospitals outside the campus for treatment.
The student said, ” Some 300 level students were receiving a lecture in Anatomy Department this afternoon when the incident happened. The lecture room was overcrowded and some of the students had to squat while one of them sat on an industrial fire extinguisher inside the room.”
” I think the student sat on it for about one hour or thereabout and,...