Nottingham Forest have agreed to sign Real Betis defender Alex Moreno, who will become the club’s third new left-back this summer.
Moreno, who just turned 29 and joined Betis in 2019 from Rayo Vallecano, has made a name for himself in La Liga over the past few seasons. With only 11 top flight appearances prior to 2018, the Spaniard is somewhat of a late bloomer after spending some time in the second tier.
The player, who was born in Catalonia, improved his goal-scoring ability last season, tallying five goals and four assists in 30 La Liga appearances.
Nottingham Forest signings – summer 2022
- Taiwo Awoniyi (FW) from Union Berlin
- Dean Henderson (GK) from Man Utd – loan
- Giulian Biancone (DF) from Troyes
- Moussa Niakhate (DF) from Mainz
- Omar Richards (DF) from Bayern Munich
- Neco Williams (DF) from Liverpool
- Wayne Hennessey (GK) from Burnley
- Brandon Aguilera (MF) from Alajuelense
- Harry Toffolo (DF) from Huddersfield
- Lewis O’Brien (MF) from Huddersfield
- Jesse Lingard (MF) from Man Utd
- Orel Mangala (MF) from Stuttgart
Six of the new signings started Saturday’s defeat against Newcastle, with four more on the bench.