Nigeria and Benin Republic are looking to submit a joint bid to host the Africa Cup of Nations in 2027.
With Morocco virtually guaranteed the honour for the 2025 finals, the joint bid by Nigeria and Republic of Benin is in contest for the 2027 AFCON.
Senegal, Egypt, Botswana and a tripartite arrangement of Uganda/Kenya/Tanzania will contest the 2027 AFCON bid with Nigeria – Benin Republic.
Nigeria has put forward eight (8) stadia in the bid;
- MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja.
- Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.
- Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo.
- Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.
- Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna.
- Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.
- Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin City.
- Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano.
In the Republic of Benin, the Stade Mathieu Kerekou in Cotonou and the Stade Charles de Gaulle in Porto Novo are listed.