Amina Zakari has been on the headline for some time now after her appointment as head of election collation centre for INEC.
Following criticisms and arguments evolving around her appointment, she responded by saying that she was neither Buhari’s niece nor cousin.
Below are six things you probably didn’t know about her
- Zakari is a princess of Jigawa State
- She was born on June 23, 1960 to the late Emir of Kazaure, Hussaini Adamu.
- She completed her elementary education at Shekara Girls Primary School, Kano in 1971 and had her secondary education at Queens College, Lagos.
- She was the former Acting Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission.
- Her appointment took effect from the directive of the President Muhammadu Buhari following the expiration of the tenure of her predecessor, Attahiru Jega on July 30, 2015.
- The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has delved into captious publications, insisting that she has a blood relationship with Buhari.