News

One million boys invades community, cuts victim’s hand

• Aerial view of Ibadan Photo: Alchetron.com
Some hooligans, popularly called One million boys, on Tuesday invaded the Kudeti area of Ibadan, attacking youths in the area.

It was gathered that they also cut off the hand of one of their victims.
A resident of the area, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told PUNCH Metro that
the hooligans invaded the area because youths in the communities
refused to join the group after several attempts to woo them.
“More than 300 One million boys
stormed the community with weapons, including guns. They shot at youths
in the area. They also attacked them with knives and cutlasses. A
victim, Sikiru Muftau, also known as Alase, had the lower part of one of his hands severed completely and they made away with the part.
“There was commotion in the communities
and people fled the area for fear of further attack. I am also moving
out because the police refused to come throughout the attack that lasted
for more than five hours,” he said.
Our correspondent learned that relatives
of the victim had been calling on the suspected hooligans to return the
severed part of the hand.
Another resident, however, said Muftau
was a factional leader of the group, adding that the fight was between
two rival factions.
When contacted, the Oyo State Police
Public Relations Officer, Adekunle Ajisebutu, said the command was aware
of the incident, adding that the severed hand had been returned.
“We are aware of the visit of some hooligans to the community and we are investigating the attack.
“I have the information that the hand
has been returned. The truth is that no official complaint was lodged at
any of the command’s police stations until on Wednesday morning. We
have yet to apprehend any of the attackers. However,  investigation is
ongoing,” he said.
6 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top