News

Oh no! Woman loses three kids to fire in Bayelsa

A
fire outbreak in the Ogbia area of Bayelsa on Saturday killed the three
children of one Mrs Favour Udoh at her residence, the News Agency of
Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The spokesman for the Bayelsa State Police
Command, Mr Asinim Butswat, who confirmed the incident, said that
preliminary findings indicated that the fire at Elebele community was
caused by candle light.
Butswat said that policemen from the Kolo
Division of the police in Ogbia had put out the fire but could not save
the three children, who died in the inferno.
“On
Jan. 14, 2016 at about 23.05 hrs, policemen from Kolo Division
responded to a distress call of fire outbreak, at the residence of one
Mrs Favour Udoh at Elebele Community in Ogbia LGA”, he stated.
Butswa said that although the fire was extinguished, three children, namely Daniel Udoh, Saviour Udoh and Joshua Udoh died.
“The
corpses were deposited at the Federal Medical Centre Mortuary, Yenagoa
for autopsy and investigation is ongoing,” he said. (NAN)

12 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top