News

Nigerian Air Force insists Boko Haram video on missing fighter jake ‘fake’

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has insisted that the claims by a Boko Haram group that it shot down its missing fighter jet, which disappeared from radar on Wednesday, March 31, are fake.

NAF also noted there was not enough evidence to prove that the aircraft in the video clips belongs to the NAF.

It wondered why the terrorists did not display the Nigerian Air Force aircraft number or the body of Air Force pilot in uniform.

NAF Director of Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, maintained that the video was fake as it is fraught with inconsistencies, saying the lush vegetation in one of the videos suggest it was not shot in the Northeast after all.

He said the video could have been clips doctored from previous incidents.

According to him, “We have seen some videos but there is nothing that has proven that the aircraft in those clips belongs to us, or have you seen a Nigerian Air Force aircraft number or the body of Air Force pilot or have you seen any Air Force uniform until we get all these details strengthen out, we are not going to go into speculation.

“That video could have been shot somewhere. I have seen four videos so far, one of them has lush vegetation in the background, and I wonder where they have such vegetation in the Northeast. Unless they did something and they are releasing the clips bit by bit, we are waiting.

“Except we have evidence, because like I said, these persons have families and you cannot go their wives, parents or wards, you must bring concrete evidence. There must be something to show”.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top