The National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has issued guidelines for COVID-19 testing in Nigeria.
The guideline were given in the wake of five new cases of coronavirus in Nigeria which were brought in by perons with history of travel from the Italy, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
Eligibility for COVID-19 testing:
- History of travel to and more than 24 hours transit through any high-risk country with widespread community transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
- Close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Exposure to a healthcare facility where COVID-19 case(s) have been reported.
Centers for COVID-19 testing:
- NCDC National Reference Laboratory, Abuja.
- Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital, Edo.
- Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Lagos.
- African Center of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Disease, Osun.
- Nigeria Institure for Medical Research, Lagos.