Kemi Filani News looking for writers responsible for researching, monitoring, writing and reporting news stories.
The Lifestyle writers & Entertainment writers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, verify, fact-check and analyse newsworthy information thoroughly.
- Create and deliver news stories (article, video and social posts) with the audience’s perspective in mind.
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips.
- Contact, interview and research sources.
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events by properly monitoring news, attending events and building contacts and sources for future stories.
- Attend press conferences events and file reports promptly.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, etc.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role
- Experience with content marketing and various content formats such as articles, social and video and a proven ability to drive readership.
- Excellent communication and news story-telling skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm Remuneration Remuneration is competitive.
- Access to the internet 24/7 a good laptop in perfect working condition are required as you will be working from home.
- Possess a Bachelors degree in Journalism or Mass Communications most well-liked.
- Have minimal to 1 year of online journalism expertise.
- Be proficient in the present and rising news-gathering techniques.
- Possess data of and curiosity in Entertainment, native, nationwide and world information with the flexibility to work beneath strain and meet deadlines.
- You also MUST have written for a news blog/website before now have sound knowledge of WordPress & SEO.
- You must be naturally creative at writing.
- Possess the flexibility to work in a versatile schedule with nights, weekends and holidays.
Please ensure you meet these conditions above, then send a mail to [email protected]
The mail should contain a cover letter of about three paragraphs detailing why we should hire you.
Mail should also have:
your social media handles, Curriculum vitae and links to entertainment stories written by you for the platform you currently work with or have worked for.