Guard kills Babcock varsity female student in hotel

The hotel
A security guard, Azeez Ibrahim, has
shot dead a female undergraduate of Babcock University, Busayo Ogunkoya,
during a birthday party in a hotel in Ikorodu, Lagos State.

Punch reports that
22-year-old Ogunkoya was celebrating with her friends on Saturday
evening, July 5, 2014, at Mambillah Hotel, when the guard fired a shot
that killed her.
The bullet lodged in the neck region of the victim.
She was said to have been rushed to a private hospital in the area where she was confirmed dead.
Policemen from the Owutu Police Division
were said to have arrived at the scene and arrested the guard, the
assistant manager of the hotel and the victim’s boyfriend.
An eyewitness said “The incident happened on Saturday night when Busayo and her friends were having a party.
“She did not know the person celebrating, but she was invited to the party by her boyfriend.
“The party was going on fine until the
security man, who was holding a gun which he claimed he had seized from
some robbers, mishandled the gun and fired a bullet which hit Busayo.
The guard was said to be drunk.”
A young boy, who did not identify himself for security reason, said the incident left a bloody trail.
He said, “On Sunday morning when I
wanted to do something in the hotel, I noticed blood on the ground. I
cannot say exactly how the incident happened, but I learnt a lady was
killed the previous night.”
The guard, who fired the killer shot, owned a house in Ikorodu.
One of his tenants who spoke with Punch, said described Ibrahim as a caring landlord who was only a victim of some “forces.” She said, “He is such a nice and caring
landlord. I have been living in his house for a long time and he has
never made any trouble with me.
“I know he is just a victim of some
forces beyond his control. He could not have deliberately killed the
girl and I hope the police authorities would have mercy on him.”
The Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Lelma Kolle, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, however, confirmed the incident.
He said the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, for investigation.
Kolle said, “Yes the incident happened.
The girl was in the hotel and the security man opened fire on her.
Nobody knows his reason for doing that. The police have arrested the
assistant manager of the hotel, the deceased’s boyfriend and the
security man. The case has been transferred to the SCID.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top