News

Generator fume kills family of six in Edo State

An unfortunate incident has claimed the lives of a family of 6, after they inhaled generator fumes, upon sleeping with the generator running at the family’s apartment all night long

The victims which include a mother, and her five children(including twins) were found dead, while the father who was still breathing was rushed to a private clinic along for medical attention.

The incident occurred on Monday night at Akpata Street, in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.

Meanwhile, the lifeless bodies of the victims have been taken to the mortuary.

A close relative of the affected family said the neighbours raised alarm on Tuesday morning after forcing the door open, and discovered what had happened.

He said he had called his brother yesterday who informed him of the sad incident;

He told me to go the house, that something not pleasing to the ears had just happened. I call her (deceased woman’s?) line. Somebody picked the call and said that they (victims) slept and did not wake up. “The whole family was affected. But the police told me that the father survived it. They said that though his case was serious and that if there was the need to rush him to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, they would call me. It is a family of seven. The youngest is a set of twins,”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top