News

Family of four die from fumes from a generator put inside their toilet in Kogi (Photos)

The decomposing bodies of a man, his wife and two children
have been discovered in their building in Obajana, Kogi State. The man
was identified as Mr. John Oluwasegun Ayodele. .

The
family of four was suspected to have been killed by fumes from a
generator mounted in the house. The late Ayodele was reported to have
been last seen on Friday, July 28, 2017. Apprehension reportedly set in
when the deceased was not seen by his neighbours the following day. .
Tension
heightened over his continued absence till Saturday evening, with calls
to his mobile phone unanswered. His cousin, Richard Asaje, said the
family had gone to check on him at home following the stench that was
emanating from Ayodele’s house. .
Consequently,
policemen from Obajana Division were alerted and when the door was
forced open, the decomposing bodies were discovered. Asaje explained
that the generator fume was suspected as the cause of death. .
“The
incident happened between Friday and Saturday. It should be around 12am
of Saturday. He put a generator inside his toilet and locked the door.
The house is a concrete building and it was discovered that he locked
the window.”

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top