News

2-year-old twins and their Nigerian grandparents die in USA house fire

They
died yesterday after a fire burned through their Prince George’s County
home in Maryland. The twins, Israel and Anna Omijie, were taken to
Children’s Hospital, but died as a result of their injuries, upon
arrival to the hospital.

The
grandparents, Caroline Omogbo, 55, and Samson Omogbo, 63, were
pronounced dead at the scene. Officials say there were 3 additional
people in the home at the time of the fire, the mother of the twins
jumped from the 2nd floor and was taken to an area hospital for
treatment.

The other two escaped without any injuries.

Samson
Omogbo went to the U.S at least 15 years ago from Nigeria after winning
a green-card lottery. He started a furniture-restoration business and
was able to take his wife and 7 children to the U.S shortly after his
arrival. They moved into the house last year.

9 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top