Suspected attackers of the St Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State, have been arrested by the military.
Kemifilani News recalls that the attack, which saw the death of scores and injured many, happened on Sunday, June 5, 2022.
The arrest of the suspects was disclosed by the Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, in his address at the Chief of Defence Staff media parley with media executives at the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) in Abuja, on Tuesday.
Irabor also stated that terrorists and bandits have been neutralised by the military recently, adding that efforts are in place to rescue passengers of the Abuja-Kaduna train abducted by bandits.
The Amotekun Corps in Ondo State had earlier stated that it had arrested some of the suspects linked to the attack.
Briefing journalists in Akure on June 23, the state Commander of Amotekun, Adetunji Adeleye, expressed assurance that all the attackers of the worship centre would be apprehended.
He, however, failed to state the exact figure of those arrested by the Corps.
“As regards the Owo incident, we have recovered the last vehicle they used for that operation and we made some arrests and we have also recovered some vital things which we are working on,” he said.
“A number of people have been arrested concerning the Owo issue as well as a number of equipment. On that day, we pursued them to the point that we recovered the vehicle and we are still pursuing them We have told you that until we get to the root, I can assure you that the perpetrators and their sponsors will be brought to book.”