National

2023 Presidency: Atiku fires back at Keyamo over claim of abandoning June 12 struggle

Keyamo and Atiku Tinubu the unifier

Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, has lashed back at the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, for claiming the former vice president abandoned the June 12 struggle.

KEMI FILANI NEWS had earlier reported that Keyamo said those currently vying to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari, only the All Progressive Congress, APC, presidential, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was at the forefront of the battle for the June 12 struggle.

Keyamo alleged that Atiku, his principal, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and most current presidential candidates never played any role in the June 12 struggle.

To this end, he said Tinubu should be allowed to rule Nigeria in 2023.

Responding to Keyamo‘s claim, Atiku said the minister is trying to distort history.

The PDP presidential candidate’s Media Aide, Paul Ibe, stated this in a tweet on Thursday.

Ibe wrote: “2023: Atiku, June 12 And Keyamo’s Attempt To Rewrite History

“The events of the June 12 crisis are too well documented for anyone to seek to distort it. Keyamo told a blatant lie when he said Atiku “abandon(ed) June 12″. Atiku never abandoned June 12.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top