Top 10 2021 richest Nigerian musicians – updated -wizkid and more
Every now and then, there is always a debate about how well Nigerian musicians are doing financially.
Fans and music heads frequently argue about their income and net worth.
Well, here is an updated list of your favourites and what their bank accounts are like:
- WIZKID ($20million): Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, who is famous as Wizkid, easily makes the top of this list. Born July 17, 1990, he has grown from Banky W’s side kick at EME, to one of the highest-grossing artists from this side of the world.
- DAVIDO ($19million): Born David Adeleke, with the stage name Davido, is the second richest musician in Nigerian. His songs ramp up stunning numbers on YouTube and he has landed endorsement deals with AXE, Infinix Mobility, among others.
- DON JAZZY ($18.5million): Michael Collins aka Don Jazzy is not your usual Nigerian producer. From when he burst onto our consciousness with D’Banj and MoHits, He has continued to reinvent himself. Now the head huncho at Mavins, he surprisingly comes in third place, thanks to endorsements with Globacom, Indomie, VBank, etc.
- BURNA BOY ($17million): Fresh Grammy Award winner, Damini Ogulu or Burna Boy to most of us, is one of the top Nigerian acts on the global stage. And his worth will only increase with the international awards he is picking up.
- 2FACE IDIBIA ($16million): Ujah Idibia, who is better known under his stage names 2Face and 2Baba, takes the fifth position. Since 2004, when his debut album Face 2 Face saw the world, he has released six albums.
6.OLAMIDE ($12million): Olamide was also the first Nigerian celebrity to sign an endorsement deal with Ciroc. Currently, he has three houses and several cars including a Mercedes-Benz G Class, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover V8 and Toyota Camry.
- PHYNO ($11million): Phyno wanted to be a pilot or a doctor. Fortunately, he had chosen to become a musician, and it was the right choice that brought him $11 million and made Phyno one of the world’s household names in music.
- TIMAYA ($10.5million): Timaya’s real name is Enitimi Alfred Odom. He has a total of six albums and a lot of singles.Through singing, he earned enough money to buy a huge house, decorated in white, with big pictures on the walls, a swimming pool, large windows and soft, colourful carpets.
- PETER AND PAUL OKOYE ($10million each): It is impossible to fail to mention the former popular duo P-Square created by Peter and Paul Okoye. The brothers take the ninth place in the list and have the same net worth. Paul Okoye now has a solo career (just like his brother) and is known under the stage name Rudeboy. Peter is building a career on his own too and has a lot of lucrative deals with KIA Motors and Olympic Milk.
- FLAVOUR: ($9.5million): Chinedu Okoli, popularly known as Flavour, is a Nigerian singer who began as a church drummer. His current net worth is $9.5 million.