It is no longer news that Funke Akindele-Bello and JJC Skillz’ ‘Omo Ghetto (The Saga)’ is now the highest grossing Nollywood movie of all time, breaking a four-year record held by Kemi Adetiba’s 2016 comedy movie “The Wedding Party“.
According to a recent statement published by the Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN) the movie which has maintained the number one spot for six weeks in a row and has broken Nollywood’s box office record with a revenue of N501,449,050 at the time of filing this report.
Reacting to the recent plethora records of the movie, Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe took to her Instagram page to appreciate Funke Akindele, the entire cast and crew noting it is a record breaking movie.
In the post shared on Mercy Aigbe’s page the Omo Ghetto (The Saga)’ has the following records;
- Fastest Nollywood Movie to hit 500M in 38 days
- Biggest Nollywood Release of all time
- #1 in six consecutive weeks
- Fastest Nollywood Movie to hit 300M in 13 days
- Fastest Nollywood Movie to hit 400M in 21 days