Metro

Two Ekitipoly staff electrocuted on campus

Two staff of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, who were carrying out their duty on campus have been announced dead after they got electrocuted.

The victims from the Department of Works got electrocuted while working on a defective borehole.

The victims identified as Mr. POP and Mr. Tony who were working on the borehole had no idea that the galvanized pipe they were pulling out had gone up to the point that it could touch a high tension wire which was in the area.

Both men were immediately electrocuted the moment the pipe came in contact with the wire.

Friends of Mr Tony recounted how he promised to celebrate a Toyota Camry he just bought by taking them to a cafeteria after the close of work.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top