In what appears to be a tragedy, a young lady identified as Irina Rybnikova, reportedly got electrocuted while charging phone in the bathroom
It was gathered that the 15 year old was messaging her friends when the phone slipped and she attempted to pick it up while her fingers were wet. She was immediately electrocuted and died from heart failure before her body was found by her distraught parents
Recounting on the unfortunate incident, the close friend of Irina told local media:
‘She was an incredible person and my best friend. She wanted to be successful in every sport and we planned to move to another city to study. ‘Everyone loved her, she was friendly, kind and very beautiful.’ Irina was talented at martial arts and regularly took part in tournaments.
According to reports, she recently won the Russian Youth Pankration Championship, which is a traditional sport that combines elements of wrestling and boxing.
Reacting to the incident, her sports federation in a statement said:
‘A tragic accident has taken the life of our champion, friend, mate and student Irina Rybnikova, 15. ‘She was a candidate for Master of Sports in pankration, our beloved girl. Rest in peace’.