An Igbo woman has caused serious commotion after she stormed the Owerri airport in Imo state with her ‘premium home-made coronavirus prevention outfit.’
The woman who boarded a plane was adorned in a face shield, a nose mask and a transparent nylon bag covering every inch of her body.
See the photo below…
Prevention they say is indeed better than cure. See some reactions to her outfit below…
“She no wan hear say dem shoot bird mama fly”
“The woman doesn’t need stories that touches the heart…It’s better to be safe than Sorry “
“If prevention is better than cure was a person”
“Iya Oni ya…ani ri ogun corona “
However, the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) has announced that 329 new cases of Coronavirus have been confirmed in the country. Making it a total of 48,445 confirmed cases. 35,998 persons have been discharged so far and 973 deaths recorded.
See the breakdown of new confirmed cases according to states below…
Lagos-113, Kaduna-49, FCT-33, Plateau-24, Kano-16, Edo-15, Ogun-14, Delta-13, Osun-10, Oyo-8, Ekiti-6, Bayelsa-6, Akwa Ibom-5, Borno-4, Enugu-4, Ebonyi-3, Rivers-2, Bauchi-1, Nasarawa-1, Gombe-1, Niger-1.
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.