An aged woman identified Kolade Omolayo has been burnt to death in at Alapata street, Modakeke-Ife area of Osun State.
It was learnt that the late night fire engulfed the entire building and burnt the elderly woman still in it
It was gathered that the old woman was using a lantern considering that there was no power late at night, but was unaware that the lamp was leaking.
The mattress on the floor had soaked up on the kerosene which acted as a catalyst to the matches she struck, igniting the fire
Though two aged men resident in the building survived the fire incident, their effort to rescued the woman was futile.
Confirming the incident, the Administrative Officer of Osun state fire service, Fatai Aremu, said the fire was reported to have started from the room of the deceased.
Her remains have since been packed in a sack for burial.