This 15-year-old was abducted in Lagos while going for UTME(Photo)

girl, Rita Clement,was abducted by unidentified persons while on her way to sit
for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in Agidingbi, Ikeja,
Lagos State.PUNCH Metro learnt that
Clement, who lived with her relatives on Gboyega Kilo Street in the
Ojodu Berger area, and had UTME registration number 65061660GJ, was to
sit for  the exam at 6.30am on Thursday. It was learnt that the teenager, who sat
for her Senior Secondary Certificate Examination last year, had left
home around 5.30am for Agidingbi. At about
5pm, Clement sent a text message to her mother’s mobile phone, raising
the alarm that she had been abducted and she did not know the location
where she was taken to. The matter was said to have been
reported at the Ojodu Police Division on Friday and had been transferred
to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja. In the text message which Clement’s
uncle, Emeka Orazulike, showed our correspondent, the teenager wrote
that the abductors had seized her phone since morning and she only
managed to write a text through someone’s assistance. She wrote,  “Mummy, they took my phone
and beat me up inside the bus. Mummy, I don’t know where they took me
to. They made me sleep and said they will kill me if I ran. “Someone gave me my phone, saying I must return it before they came back. Mummy, please save me, please.” The uncle, who worked as a pharmacist,
said it was through the text message that the family got to know that
Clement was not missing, but abducted. He said, “Rita (Clement) finished from a
college on Aina Street in the Ojodu area. She just concluded her SSCE;
we then enrolled her for the UTME. Her father lives in Enugu. “The examinations board gave her that
Thursday, by 6.30am, to sit for her exam. She was to sit at a centre in
the Agidingbi area. On that day, as I was preparing for work around 6am,
she met and told me that she was set to leave for the venue. “I gave her N1,000 when she told me the centre was at Agidingbi. She would use only N100 for transport. I then left for work. “As I was coming back around 6.30pm, her
mother called that she forwarded a message to my telephone. I then
checked my phone and saw the scary message. I first went to the Area F
Command, Ikeja, and was about making a statement when the Area Commander
directed me to the Ojodu Police Division. “We reported the matter on Friday at Ojodu, and the police there radioed other stations.” Orazulike added that when they called the girl’s phone, it rang out on Thursday, adding that it had been switched off by Friday. “She did not sit for that exam. The abductors might have whisked her away in the bus she boarded on that morning. “She was used to going out. When she wrote her WAEC, her centre was at Giwa Oke Aro, Agbado. She went there with her friends. “That was why when she mentioned that
she was going to Agidingbi for the UTME, I did not nurse any fear
because it was just two bus stops from our area. If we knew that
anything would happen, I would have taken her there myself,” he added. Our correspondent learnt that the
Divisional Police Officer in Ojodu took the family members to the SARS
office, Ikeja, on Monday and the SARS commander assured them that he
would detail his men to rescue the girl. However, the family had yet to hear from the police as of Wednesday. The Lagos State Police Public Relations
Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, had yet to reply to a text message sent to
her phone on the abduction.

To Top