Obesere rape scandal gets messier; pressures Police to drop case, threatens to kill victim

Fuji musician, Obesere,
who was recently arrested for allegedly raping a 29-year-old business
woman, Miss Olanike Olaiya, has been transferred to the State Criminal
Investigation Department, SCID.

The Fuji artiste allegedly used his ‘contacts’ in the police to have
the case transferred to SCID, so as to avoid been dragged to court if
it’s left at the Isolo Police Division.

We gathered that the embattled musician preferred the SCID to the
Isolo Police division because the DPO at the Isolo Police division was
not co-operating regarding striking out the case.

the victim, Nike Olaiya, has relocated to her home town, Sagamu in Ogun
State, where she is currently receiving treatment for the rape incident.
She claims she has been receiving death threats from Obesere and his

Speaking with Vanguard, she said “I bled for more than
two weeks after Alhaji Obesere raped me and inserted his ring into my
private part. The incident occurred on February 12, 2013 and I have
spent a lot of money treating myself.  The DPO, Isolo Police division, took pity on me and refused to give
in to Obesere’s pressure to  strike out the case and God will bless him
for that. But last week, I was informed that the case has been
transferred to the SCID and my Investigating Police Office, IPO, at
Isolo asked me to come to the station on Tuesday for the transfer.”

Narrating her encounter with the new Officer in charge of the case,
Nike said

“But when I got to the SCID, I discovered the IPO, who took
over the case, one Mr. Jacob, I don’t know his rank, became hostile to
me. You need to see how this man treated me. He started by asking me to
write a new statement and when I tried to explain that I had written a
statement at Isolo division, he rebuffed my explanation and insisted I
wrote a new one.

“Afterwards, they started threatening me. The IPO, Alhaji Obesere,
and some of his brothers, who were present there, asked me to stop the
journalists from publishing my story and if I don’t, I will be a dead
person. I was so frightened when they said this and each time my phone
rang someone would pick it up to know who was calling. Later, they
discovered I wasn’t going to break, then they started begging me and
promised to take care of me. Alhaji Obesere even said he was going to
take me to the best hospital for treatment.

“At the end, I rose to leave and they offered to drop me in my place.
The IPO also insisted that I should follow them. Instead of taking me
to my area, they took me to Obesere’s house and the woman who introduced
me to him was also there. While I was with them I alerted the police at
Isolo and told them where I was.

“But yesterday, they called after they saw the publication and
started threatening again to kill me. I am highly terrified, that was
why I travelled back to my home to get some treatment.”

To Top