1) Always remember that texting is not dating — it’s texting. This might be
a hard pill to swallow, especially when you put off sleep or studying for a
midterm to stay up into the wee hours of the morning Texting or being all
flirty like. If the person is already your significant other, that’s one thing.
But if your whole relationship is based on a screen, you’re not dating!
2) Which is why you should keep yourself occupied. I know she or he is like
totally hot and you can’t believe they are talking to you right now. But don’t
make the rookie mistake we have all made of waiting by the phone for hours and
hours yelling at your phone WHY WONT S/HE TEXT ME BACK I AM HYPERVENTILATING.
Go do some stuff!
3) Texting is not a game of tag — don’t be afraid to text first even if you
sent the last message. Now if you’ve sent the last twenty seven
messages, you might want to seek psychological help.
4) CALM DOWN WITH THE EMOTICONS.
6) But do keep the texts flowing. Don’t be one of those people who sends one
word messages like “lol” or “hehe” or “k” when you know you don’t want to talk
to this person. Texting isn’t a game of tag but it is exactly like a
game of volleyball. In tag you are chasing somebody down trying to tackle them
or tickle them or do other stuff to them against their will. Volleyball requires
teamwork — everybody has to do their part to keep the ball in the air.
7) Know that “lol” is not as meaningful as “lolololol” or “LOL!!”
8) If you don’t hear from them for more than a week just let it go. Don’t
get mad, don’t feel sad, don’t send angry messages, don’t threaten their life.
Besides, they allllllllllllllllllways come back.
9) Don’t be afraid to be the first person to text after the end of your
first date. But wait a couple hours. It’s that whole not seeming TOO desperate
10) No novels, please. I know these are trying times the world is in right
now, and you will feel the need to express your philosophical meanderings on what
funny thing your friend said today etc, but don’t send multiple long-ass messages.
11) Don’t break up, fight or argue via text.
12) cAn eVeRYbODy PLeAsE sToPP TeXtInG Like ThiS?
13) Text them funny pictures of stuff that makes you think of them.
14) If you both have a favorite TV show, talk about that in your texts —
even while the show is on. Don’t always make the texts about them. Talk about
stuff that interests you both.
15) WARNING: go easy on the sexting pictures!! Especially if you’re not
official and you’re not in a relationship. I know you are going to send them.
But just know that you don’t know where those things will end up, especially if
your textationship goes dowwnnn hillll.#okbye