Unknown bandits reportedly attacked the convoy of Emir of Birnin Gwari, Alhaji Zubairu Jibril Mai Gwari II, along the dangerous Kaduna-Birnin Gwari Highway.
The 73-year-old monarch was reportedly attacked on Tuesday evening on his way to Kaduna.
No life was lost; however, the Emir was not in the convoy when the bandits attacked.
The source noted that the emir was somewhere else when the bandits struck.
According to a source who spoke to newsmen, the monarch was somewhere else when the bandit launched the attack. He reveals that the bandits planted tree leaves on the road to forcefully make the vehicles stop, but it didn’t work.
The source said he only sustained a minor injury caused by shattered glasses from gunshots; nobody was injured during the process.
But the Emir’s car was battered with bullets, the source confirms.
During the 2020 security reports to Governor Nasir El-Rufai by the state Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, last week, the Emir had spoken on how his subject had paid money, summing to millions of naira to bandits as a ransom for abducted victims in the area.
The monarch had said, “It is terrible when you see 200 to 300 bandits with weapons surrounding a village, killing people and collecting their money. Our people paid hundreds of millions of naira as ransom.”
The Kaduna command police force, as of the time of filing this report, is yet to confirm this incident.