After securing a political seat, Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has given her first acceptance speech as Rivers ADC governorship running mate
Earlier today, Tonto Dikeh joined the leagues of celebrities contesting for political seat as she announced her political ambition revealing that she was picked as the running mate for Governship Candidate, Tonte Ibraye of the African Democratic Congress, Rivers State.
In a new post, Tonto Dikeh gave her acceptance speech, saying that she is optimistic that they will salvage the plights confronting our dear State.
She also said she wants to use this medium to advance her career in politics and governance, motivate and encourage other women ,especially the youth, to get involved in active politics in other to be part of policy formulation and decision making process in a view to better the life of the younger generations.
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH TO SERVE AS THE RUNNING MATE OF HON TONTE IBRAYE THE GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE OF THE AFRICAN DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS (ADC), RIVERS STATE COME 2023 ELECTION*
Your Exellency, the Presidential candidate and the party leader, Mr. Dumebi Kachukwu.
The National Chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Chief Ralph Nwosu and all the party leaders including members of the National Working Committee (NWC) here present.
The Governorship candidate of Rivers State, Hon. Tonte Ibraye.
Other invited guests,
Members of press crew.
Ladies and gentlemen.
Permit me to stand on existing protocol and state that today is not a day of long speech but, a day to work the talk.
- It is obvious that majority of Nigerians and the good people of Rivers State in particular, have complained for far too long on how governance and Democratic developmental dividends have not met international best standards.
- We have also grumbled on why selfless, vibrant, and innovative youths have not been given the opportunity to participate and contribute their quota towards the development of thier States with special interest in Rivers State where i come from.
- I Am very optimistic that we are in a defining moment in our social and political history but, desperate measures shouldn’t be the first and last option BUT A technical approach is needed to salvage the plights confronting our dear State.
- Truly, high rate of unemployment has become A fundamental challenge confronting our teeming youth, the causes of restiveness, insecurity and other social vices.
We shall work out modalities for job creation for massive employment, inclusion of more youth and women in governance and play vital roles in the development of Rivers State where their ideas and strength can be properly utilized.
- As a patriotic Nigerian, an advocate of good governance and a humanitarian who have positively touched the lives of millions of less privileged through my foundation, TheTonto Dikeh Foundation, and my experience on governance, leadership ,administration from Committee of Youth on Mobilization Sensitisation (CYMS), I will play a crucial role in moving RIVERSTATE
6. Having interacted Constantly with Mr. Tonte Ibraye, whom i have adjudged as a grounded person in international development ventures, a gentleman with an enduring passion in redefining our collective future in Rivers State, where there will be mutual ethnic respect and collective development in all sector of our economy, I make BOLD to say that accepting this nomination is not only a good idea but, the right thing to do
7. In light of the above, after due consultation with my family, my honorable colleagues, friends, political associates and after seeking the face of God my ultimate helper, i Amb. Tonto Dikeh a proud daughter of Ikwere land, hereby accept to be the running mate to Hon Tonte Ibraye, as his Deputy Governorship candidate under the platform of African Democratic Party (ADC) ahead of the 2023 General election, to work assiduously with him in becoming the next Executive Governor of Rivers State, come 2023.
This decision is geared towards assisting him take over Rivers State for the solely interest of the old and young, rich and poor, irrespective of their class or religion, as long as they live in Rivers State.
8. I know this is coming as a surprise ,but i want to use this medium to advance my career in politics and governance, motivate and encourage other women ,especially the youth, to get involved in active politics in other to be part of policy formulation and decision making process in a view to better the life of our younger generations. Which part of the The experiences I have gathered over the years as Director, Socials and Empowerment in the Committee of Youth on Mobilization and Sensitisation (CYMS).
I appeal to my Fans, teaming supporters, well meaning Rivers sons and daughters, as well as all eligible voters to please get their PVCs ready for the task ahead BECAUSE THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!
9. In conclusion, while thanking the party for AVAILING ME THE opportunity to serve, Hon Tonte Ibraye, the ADC Rivers State Governorship candidate for choosing me as his running mate, i humbly solicit your prayers and unflinching support as i embark on this political ambition. Be rest assured of my full commitments in putting Rivers State first as my top priority.
Long live ADC,
long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.
AD & C.
*Amb Tonto Dikeh,*
ADC Deputy Governorship candidate,
2023 Rivers State Governorship
24th June 2022.