Julius Agwu’s marriage allegedly crashes as wife dumps him over health challenge spanning 14 years

julius agwu and wife

Popular Comedian Julius Agwu’s marriage of almost 14 years to Ibiere Maclayton has reportedly crashed.

Kemi Filani recalls that the couple had a challenging time when Agwu fell ill in 2015.

The ace comedian, who has made a difference with his show, ‘Crack Ya Rib,’ had a successful brain surgery in 2015, recovered but then suffered a relapse in 2016 when he went to London for his show.

Though keeping a low profile since then, he attempted to revive his career by returning ‘Crack Ya ribs,’ and announcing his plans to celebrate 25 years in comedy, Agwu couldn’t get that done.

Though not looking as vibrant and hearty as he was before the ailment, Julius Agwu is said to be recuperating and everyone thought his wife was taking care of him.

“She took care of him for sometimes but there were cracks in the union. Maybe she got tired of the current situation—cash flow wasn’t as when Agwu was stupendously rich and healthy. She must have been tired of the situation and left Agwu who isn’t as fit as before,” sources close to the couple told Kemi Ashefon.

The Abonnema born Ibiere travelled abroad with her kids and only shares their photos on Instagram. She has reverted to her maiden name.

Ibiere was a pillar of support to her husband during his health challenge and shared in an interview years back that the medical condition got so bad to a point where he stopped breathing and was almost taken to the mortuary.

She reminisced, “So now I am going to be a widow, how I manage with these children? These were my thoughts at the time.”

It wasn’t until after a trip to an American hospital, that Julius discovered he had three tumours in his brain with one that was the size of a golf ball.

He recalled, “I started looking for my property documents to give to my wife. One day when they were not home, I almost committed suicide.”

Following his successful surgery at the Park Plaza Hospital in Houston, America in 2015, the comedian decided to drop a thanksgiving song entitled ‘Second Chance’ with a vow glorify God on all his platforms.

They got married on May 31 2008 and are blessed with two kids, Zahra & Zadok. In 2020, the couple celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary.

1. Nkeiru Nne

March 26, 2022 at 5:49 am

Devine healing upon your life Julius

March 26, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Receive healing from above and get back on your feet in JESUS CHRIST name.

2. Israelmao

March 26, 2022 at 6:51 am

I pray for speedy healing in Jesus’ name.People may abandon you but God cannot abandon you.

3. Anthonia

March 26, 2022 at 10:34 am

Please, I need his phone number . I have NSPPD prayer link I want to send to him. Our miracle word is,What God cannot do does not exist. People with brain tumor have been healed through prayers. Agwu will be healed if he can just join the prayers and all he has lost will be given back to him in Jesus Mighty Name Amen

4. Anthonia

March 26, 2022 at 10:38 am

Please, I need his phone number.I have NSPPD prayer link I want to send to him for What God cannot do does not exist.brain tumors have been healed through prayers.

5. Anthonia

March 26, 2022 at 10:42 am

Please, I need his phone number to sendI have NSPPD prayer link.Brain tumors have been healed through prayers.

• AGSO

March 26, 2022 at 4:29 pm

Julius Agwu you will live longer than your father in Jesus name Amen

6. Anthonia

March 26, 2022 at 10:45 am

Please give me his contact number.i have a prayer link for him.

7. Ene Lynda Ocheido

March 26, 2022 at 12:27 pm

God will perfect ALL that concerns him 🙏🙏

March 26, 2022 at 12:49 pm

Hmmm, everybody show your hand work crooner, Julius Agwu may God heal you, bless you with abundant of sound health, Amen.

March 26, 2022 at 8:06 pm

Connect to covenant hour of prayers faith tabernacle on YouTube Monday to Saturday 5:30am to 6:30am everyday,get engaged with all the instructions and yiurcheaking shallcome speedily

March 26, 2022 at 11:47 pm

What is wrong with Nigerians?….someone is very ill with brain tumors insteading of assisting financially, you are asking for his phone number for prayer links,I’m a Christian too but we should be able to follow process which is giving him the medical attention he needs not prayer links, if prayer without works could change this so fast,it should be able to change this country!

• Thelma

March 27, 2022 at 8:54 am

Did he ask for financial assistance? I didn’t read where Agu said he needed money. As Christians, all you can do for him right now is PRAY. If you claim to be a Christian and still think prayer can’t change things then your Christianity is questionable.
      Please, don’t post nonsense if you can’t assist in a situation and don’t condemn those that are trying to lend a helping hand.

• Comfy

March 27, 2022 at 10:14 am

And you say you are a christian, and you dont seem to know the protocol breaker

11. Chinedu Sammy

March 27, 2022 at 8:12 am

I pray for God’s total healing.God will perfect his healing in ur life and u will come out testifying.

12. Abimbola

March 27, 2022 at 2:12 pm

It baffles me when some so-called Christians set a limit to what God can do or the extent He can go when it comes to issues in their lives. While I am never against medical treatment God begins His work where all human wisdom ends. Science is true and real but sweetheart, God is far more true and far more real than science. Allow God to step into this situation and do what only HE can do. Let’s stop leaning on our own understanding and allow God take His rightful place in our situations. It is well with Julius in Jesus name 🙏 God bless you!

13. Funmilayo

March 27, 2022 at 2:58 pm

Julius, go and have total healing through the mighty hand of God Almighty

14. Kaycee

April 12, 2022 at 1:59 am

RECEIVE your healing bro. Heaven shall smile on you and you will be restored. There is not limit as to what God can do.