Singer, Adekunle Gold, has revealed how the most painful love experience he has had to grapple with inspired him to write a song.
Recalling the experience in a chat with Showtime, the ‘Pick Up’ crooner said he was heartbroken when he discovered that his ex- lover had another lover while she was also in a relationship with him.
“My most painful love experience would be dating a girl that had a boyfriend and I did not know. It’s actually the reason I wrote ‘Nurse Alabere’, in my new album”, he said.
Unlike some men who would resort to playing games after such a heart-rending experience, Adekunle Gold has found love again and he is proud to affirm that she is the very understanding type who has found a way to cope with his celebrity status.
“Yes I have a girlfriend and she is the understanding type”, he said.
About Adekunle Gold….
- Adekunle Gold’s real name is Adekunle Kosoko and he hails from Lagos Island.
- He is a prince of Lagos and member of the famous Kosoko royal house of Lagos.
- He is the only son of his parent. He has 3 sisters, though one is of blessed memory.
- He is also a nephew to legendary Nollywood actor, Jide Kosoko.
- He wrote his first song at the age of 15 and went on to join the junior choir of his church.
- He studied Arts and Design at the Lagos State Polytechnic while majoring in Graphics.
- Adekunle added Gold to his name after a session in church with the inspiration coming from an excerpt of the pastor’s preaching.
- In the early days of his career, Adekunle was a member of a boy band called The Bridge.
- The group dropped a couple of singles and featured acts like Skales and GT the guitarman before it was disbanded.
- Adekunle Gold is also a sculptor, painter and graphics designer.