The diversity of the broad tourism industry is reflected in the newly admitted UNWTO members, who include private businesses, Destination Management Organizations, universities, professional associations, Intergovernmental Organizations, and non-governmental organisations.
Six from Europe, four from the Americas, four from Asia and the Pacific, two from Africa, and two from the Middle East make up the new additions, which also reflect UNWTO’s global mission.
During its meeting on November 17, the Committee on Matters Relating to Affiliate Membership reviewed and approved the 18 candidatures, which were then submitted for consideration and approval by the 117th Executive Council in accordance with the current legal procedure for admission. With this formal endorsement from the Executive Council, the new members can now take advantage of all the privileges and rights that come with UNWTO membership, in accordance with the Organization’s bylaws and regulations.
UNWTO Secretary-General Zurab Pololikashvili said: “We are proud to see the Affiliate Members network growing while adding value to the Organization, and wish a warm welcome to the 18 new entities joining our community.”
The 18 new Affiliate Members are:
- Asociación Española de Directores y Directivos de Hotel (Spain)
- Busan Tourism Organization (Republic of Korea)
- Cappadocia University / Kapadokya Üniversitesi (Türkiye)
- Comité International Des Festivals Du Film Touristique – CIFFT (Austria)
- Escuela Profesional De Turismo De La Universidad Nacional De San Antonio Abad Del Cusco (Peru)
- Eturia CLM (Spain)
- Hospitality&Tourism Association of Eswatini (Eswatini, the Kingdom of)
- Innovaris SL (Spain)
- Jeddah Central Development Company (Saudi Arabia)
- Johannesburg Tourism Company (South Africa)
- Manifest Destinations Group, INC. (United States of America)
- National Inbound and Domestic Tourism Association of Moldova (Moldova)
- ONWARD (United States of America)
- Osaka University of Tourism (Japan)
- Pacific Tourism Organization (Fiji)
- Petra Development and Tourism Region Authority (Jordan)
- PT. Pintu Bali Digital (Indonesia)
- Smart Tourism&Hospitality Consulting SA – SMART THC (Panama)