Iyorchia Ayu bio, age, wife, PDP chairman, State, net worth and latest updates.
Iyorchia Ayu was a well-known lecturer and sociologist, but he had little political clout. He had also previously taught at a prestigious Nigerian university.
This 69-year-old man understands Nigerian politics despite being a sociology lecturer. In his forecasts for the country, the dialectic struggle between change and his predictions was frequently visible.
Iyorchia Ayu: Profile summary
|15 November 1952
|State of Origin
|University of Jos
Iyorchia Ayu: Biography
On November 15, 1952, he was born in Tivland, Gboko-Benue State, Nigeria, to Iyorchia and Ayodeji Ayo. He was the second of four children born into a Christian home.
Iyorchia comes from a large, polygamous family with two wives and seven kids. His mother was the first of five wives to marry and have children with him. Ayu’s older sister, a lawyer, used to practice law before she married him.
Iyorchia Ayu: Education
The Ohio State University’s Iyorchia Ayu recently graduated with a degree in Exercise Physiology. In addition, Iyorchia Ayu graduated from a village primary school with honours.
From Mount Saint Gabriel Secondary School in Makurdi, he graduated. He attended Saint John and St. Joseph Schools on his return to Kaduna. After Ahmadu Bello University in Nigeria, Iyorchia Ayu continued his education at the University of Leicester in England, where he earned a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
Later, Dr Iyorchia Ayu became a Marxist university professor. He instructed pupils in sociology as well as Marxism as a scientific theory. As a radical activist who belonged to the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Dr Iyorchia Ayu (ASUU)
The Academic Staff Union of Universities Chapter Chairman at Jos University was Dr Iyorchia Ayu (ASUU)
Iyorchia Ayu excelled academically at his previous educational institutions. He’s been interested in politics since childhood and wants to make a difference for his country.
Iyorchia Ayu: Family
He was raised as a Christian in Gboko, Nigeria, born on November 15, 1952. As a result of his first and second marriage, Iyorchia Ayu’s father has eight children from his first marriage. He has four children from his first marriage: three sons and two daughters. In addition to his eldest daughter, Shima, a building engineer and Shima’s twin brother and sister, his second daughter Shima is also a lawyer, but she does not practice law.
As a developmental economist, the young lady advises businesses. Even though he is more interested in finance than economics, the young man is also a trained economist. The youngest of the three children studied Business Administration, but he enjoys music like his older siblings.
Iyorchia Ayu: Career
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Working Committee Chairman Dr Iyorchia Ayu is a well-known Nigerian politician. Former Nigerian senator Iyorchia Ayu served in that capacity. In the year 1992, Iyorchia Ayu began his political career. He served in President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Cabinet as a Minister from 1999 to 2007.
When Nigeria’s Third Republic was still under the Babangida administration in 1992, Iyorchia Ayu, a Social Democratic Party member, was elected to the Senate. He rose to prominence in the Senate, eventually becoming its president.
- He was impeached and replaced as Senate president by Ameh Ebute.
- From January 1994 to February 1995, Ayu served as minister of education under Abacha’s regime. After that, Alhaji Wada Nas, a controversial figure, took his position.
Ayu was an activist who supported the overthrow of Abacha’s military government.
- Ayu participated in the 1999 presidential election campaign for Olusegun Obasanjo during the country’s transition to civilian rule.
Obasanjo named Dr Iyorchia Ayu as Industry Minister. His term of service lasted from 1999 to 2001.
- Minister of Internal Affairs from June 2003 to May 2005, Dr Iyorchia Ayu. During his tenure, work on the National ID card project began.
Between June and December of 2005, he served as minister of the environment.
- He and Obasanjo soon fell out, and he was abruptly removed from office without explanation.
- Dr Iyorchia Ayu defected from the PDP to Bola Tinubu’s Action Congress (AC), his former senate ally.
- Dr Iyorchia Ayu led President-elect Atiku Abubakar’s vice-presidency campaign on the AC platform in April 2007.
- Ayu was arrested in February 2007 and charged with terrorism by a Federal court. However, FGN subsequently freed him after posting bail.
- After Atiku’s return to the PDP, Dr Iyorchia Ayu rejoined the party.
All Progressives Congress (APC) co-founder Dr Iyorchia Ayu was. He also left the PDP to rejoin it.
- After Muhammadu Buhari was elected president in 2015, an Atiku supporter, Dr Iyorchia Ayu, warned Bola Tinubu that Buhari’s election would be a mistake.