At the conclusion of today’s trading session, Dangote Cement Plc shareholders had gained approximately N293 billion due to the positive sentiment seen on shares of some blue-chip companies quoted on the Nigerian Exchange.
Checks revealed that the stock increased from N221.30 per share the day before by 7.77% to N238.50 per share.
According to additional analysis, Dangote Cement closed the day on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NGX) at N238.50 per share and N4.064 trillion in market capitalization as opposed to N221 per share and N3.771 trillion the day before, recording a gain of N293 billion or 7.77%.
The local Bourse (NGX), meanwhile, closed up while the market was upbeat, with bulls controlling the action for a second straight day.
In comparison to the previous day, when it closed at 43,477.48 index points, the All-Share Index (ASI) increased by 1.07% to close at 43,942.82 index points. Similarly, the market capitalization as a whole increased by N253 billion or 1.07% to close at N23.934 trillion as opposed to N23.681 trillion the day before.
Although there were 16 losers and 15 winners, the market breadth ended up being negative. Julius Berger led the losers with a loss of 9.81%, while MRS Oil Nigeria Plc led the winners with a gain of 9.83%.
- NGX ASI: 43,942.82 points
- Previous ASI: 43,477.48 points
- % Day Change: 1.07%
- % Y-t-D: 2.87%
- Market Cap (N): 23.934 trillion
- Volume: 406 million
- Value (N): 3.09 billion
- Deals: 3,188
NGX Top ASI gainers
- MRS up +9.83% to close at N12.85
- CURTIVILLE up +8.70% to close at N0.50
- UNITY BANK up +8.33% to close at N0.52
- DANGOTE up +7.77% to close at N238.50
- MUTUAL BENEFIT up +3.70% to close at N0.28
NGX Top ASI losers
- JULIUS BERGER down – 9.81% to close at N21.15
- CADBURY down – 9.69% to close at N10.25
- PRESTIGE down –9.52% to close at N0.38
- MULTIVERSE down – 9.41% to close at N3.85
- WAPIC down –5.71% to close at N0.33
Top 3 by Volume
- STERLING BANK – 171,154,541
- ACCESS HOLDINGS – 78,765,207
- GTCO – 23,877.561
Top 3 by Value
- AIRTEL – N700, 250,900
- ACCESS HOLDINGS-634,062,309
- GTCO- N420,269,18