Entertainment News

‘None of my parents lived to be 60’ Actor Richard Mofe Damijo breaks down in tears, speaks on battling spectre of death

RMD 60th Birthday

Ahead of his 60th birthday, veteran Nollywood actor Richard Mofe-Damijo has opened up on fighting the spectre of death in his life since he turned 59 years old.

In an exclusive interview with Nigerian Journalist Chide Jideonwu, the actor revealed that none of his parents lived up to 60 years and turning 60 in a few means that life just started for him.

Richard Mofe Damijo said when he turned 59 years, it was a big deal for him considering his mother died at age 59, and his father died at 57/58, which made him questioned how he could break the cycle.

According to the veteran actor, his parents were diabetic and hypertensive, the reason he chose to consistently go on weight loss programmes to look healthier because he does not want to walk in the path of his parents.

In his word: None of my parents lived to be 60, so life for me is just about to get started.”

“There’s been a specter of death around my life, that’s what I’ve been dealing with last year till this year. When I turned 59, it was a big deal for me, big deal for me! My mom died at 59, my father died at 57/58.”

“So, it was like, can I break it? When people see me and I go on a weight loss, people think that… you know, it’s health. Both my parents were diabetic and hypertensive, I don’t want to be that. I don’t want to be diabetic and hypertensive, I want to be healthier. Atleast give myself a fighting chance to change that whole cycle. Yes I’m a Christian now, so I’ve broken that yoke but I have to also help myself.”

“Becoming 60 for me is even a bigger deal, so when July comes and I become 60. You know how the Bible says old things have passed away, I will truly truly become a new man because that is when I’ll make a bucket list. So all these things that you think I’ve achieved or done, for me it’s nothing, like zero.”

“So I’m going to now sit down when I’m 60 and do a bucket list … and then we’ll start.” This was such a heartfelt moment.Eish. It’s such an honour to do this show

Click to comment
Metro

Mother of 14 years old girl, Jumoke allegedly killed during Yoruba Nation protest cries bitterly | Video

Jumoke's mother cries

The mother of 14 years old Jumoke, who was killed during the Yoruba Nation rally in Lagos by a stray bullet allegedly from the Nigerian police has been filmed crying bitterly as she mourned her daughter.

Jumoke was reportedly killed during the Sunday Igboho's led Yoruba nation rally held in Lagos, yesterday July 3.

Jumoke was said to be sitting in front of her mother's shop during the rally before she was fatally hit by the stray bullet.

Watch the heartbreaking video of her mother crying bitterly below:

News

Sunday Igboho demands N500m from FG as Nigerians in London hold Yoruba nation rally

Sunday Igboho

Embattled Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Igboho, through his lawyers, has demanded N500million from the Federal Government as reparation for the recent destruction of his home and cars.

His lawyer, Chief Yomi Aliyu SAN, is also demanding for public apology for his client from the State Security Service for the unconstitutional invasion of his residence on Thursday July 1, 2021.

In a statement on Saturday, July 3, his lawyer said, “Our client’s house is a 5-bedroom duplex with 5 chalets of 2 and 3 bedrooms. These were totally damaged with operatives allegedly arguing on whether to burn down the edifice as done to his former palatial house.

One thousand euro, two million naira, expensive jewelry worth millions, travel documents, amulets, iPhone 12 belonging to him, phones of about 15 others living in the house, including those killed by the raiders and other belongings yet to be identified...

News

Yoruba Nation: Sunday Ighogho demands N500m compensation

The Wanted Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Igboho, has demanded N500million from the Federal Government as reparation for the recent destruction of his home and cars. 

Igboho, through his lawyer, Chief Yomi Aliyu SAN, is also demanding for public apology from the State Security Service for the unconstitutional invasion of his residence on Thursday July 1, 2021. 

In a statement on Saturday, July 3, his lawyer said, “Our client’s house is a 5-bedroom duplex with 5 chalets of 2 and 3 bedrooms. These were totally damaged with operatives allegedly arguing on whether to burn down the edifice as done to his former palatial house. 

One thousand euro, two million naira, expensive jewelry worth millions, travel documents, amulets, iPhone 12 belonging to him, phones of about 15 others living...

Most Popular

To Top