The third month of 2021 saw Nigerian artists keep up the trending of dropping good music this New Year.
We have had some nice tracks in January and February. And March was not different.
There are some new kids showing up to make a name for themselves, while the ‘veterans’ are keeping pace with quality songs.
Here are KemiFilani’s best five for the third month of the year:
- John Legend & Burna Boy – Coming to America: American music superstar, John Legend, features Nigerian star, Burna Boy, in his song “Coming 2 America”. The song is part of the soundtrack for the Hollywood blockbuster “Coming To America 2” which was recently released this month. Burna Boy came through on the track with a solid verse complementing Legend.
- Sinach feat. Nathaniel Bassey – Beautiful: March saw two gospel music heavyweights, Sinach and Nathaniel Bassey, come together for “Beautiful”. Sinach’s new song comes just at the right time and it is reassuring and spirit-lifting. This about her first song in 2021 and we’re loving it so far.
- Burna Boy – 23: Grammy Award winner, Burna Boy, dropped the video for 23 this month. The song is a fan favorite from his Grammy-winning “Twice as Tall” album, and it also serves as the album’s sixth music video. It is dotted with enough Michael Jordan inspiration.
- Peruzzi feat. Davido – Somebody baby: Peruzzi features his DMW boss on “Somebody Baby”. It is released as a lead to his second studio album ‘Rum &Boogie’. The new song came with a crispy video directed by Mr Layii. The music video features Beautiful Naomi Nwaokoru as the video vixen who played game on Peru and OBO.
- Vector & MI Abaga feat. Pheelz – Crown of Clay: MI Abaga and Vector have finally dropped the video for their long-awaited collaboration “Crown of Clay”. The heavyweight rappers feature ace music producer Pheelz on this one. The track was mixed by Beats By Jay and mastered by Michael Manitshana. MI Abaga and Vector speak to the heart of blackness on ‘Crown of Clay’.
Top 10 2021 richest Nigerian musicians - updated -wizkid and more
Every now and then, there is always a debate about how well Nigerian musicians are doing financially.
Fans and music heads frequently argue about their income and net worth.
Well, here is an updated list of your favourites and what their bank accounts are like:
- WIZKID ($20million): Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, who is famous as Wizkid, easily makes the top of this list. Born July 17, 1990, he has grown from Banky W's side kick at EME, to one of the highest-grossing artists from this side of the world.
- DAVIDO ($19million):...
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State says the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, would be among those that would crown a youthful president in 2023.
Bello expressed optimism that Tinubu would see reasons and give room for youths to lead Nigeria.
The Kogi Governor said this while responding to the question of who would make a better president between him and the ex-governor of Lagos.
While featuring on BBC Nigeria, the Governor outlined Tinubu as a revered, well-respected leader, smart mentor and a wonderful kingmaker.
Bello revealed that he believes the judgment of Tinubu, adding that he “would love to have Nigeria on auto cruise very soon”.
He said: “Our National...
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu Chief Press Secretary Gboyega Akosile, says the viral video showing crowd of people booing the convoy of his principal is false.
The video, which a Twitter user shared, @absuxxess, shared, showed several cars exiting the premises of Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, where the Super Eagles of Nigeria played against Lesotho in the African Cup of Nations qualifier game on Tuesday.
As the cars made their exit from the stadium, some youths at the gate booed the riders, chanting 'Ole' in Yoruba, which interprets 'Thief', while throwing empty plastic bottles at the cars.
The Twitter user captioned the video, "Immediately Governor Sanwo-Olu departed Teslim Balogun stadium after the match. Hear the response from supporters…"
Reacting to the viral video,...