On Sunday, 21st February, tragedy struck after seven personnel of the Nigeria Air force died in a plane crash that occurred within the
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja.
The tragic incident made trends on several social media platforms; however, many Nigerians blamed the Buhari government after investigations revealed the plane was reportedly faulty.
However, the officers’ remains were laid to rest at Abuja’s military cemetery on Thursday, 25th February, amidst tears.
Kemifilani brings you some of the heartbreaking moments and photos from the burial.
The deceased include:
- Flight Lieutenant Haruna Gadzama (Captain)
- Flight Lieutenant Henry Piyo (Co-Pilot)
- Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System (ATOS) Specialist)
- Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS Specialist)
- Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS Specialist)
- Sergeant Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS Specialist),
- Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician)
We pray that God will comfort the bereaved and grant eternal rest to the departed souls.