Federal Government has approved the airlifting of Nigerian nationals who are stranded in Canada due to the COVID-19 pandemic on Friday, July 18th, 2020.
EuroAtlantic, TouchDown Travel and the Nigerian High Commission office in Ottawa, Canada have teamed up to ensure a timely and safe flight for Nigerian citizens who have been stuck in the country during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A repatriation evacuation flight is scheduled to leave Calgary, Alberta on July 18th for Abuja and Lagos.The flight will also be picking up Nigerian-Canadians, who are Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents and Students with valid visas. It is scheduled to leave Abuja and Lagos for Calgary, and Toronto on July 19th, 2020. The Boeing 767-300ER flight, operated by Euro Atlantic is at first expected to convey evacuees from the Toronto Pearson International Airport as well as the Calgary International Airport.
The Special Flights are scheduled as follows:
– Saturday, July 18th, 2020 – Departs Calgary International Airport @ 01:00 hours local time to arrive Pearson International Airport, Toronto same day @ 07:00 hours local time.
– Saturday July 18th, 2020 – Departs Pearson International Airport, Toronto @ 08:30 hours local time to arrive Lisbon International Airport, Lisbon, same day @ 09:15 hours local time.
– Saturday July 18th, 2020 – Departs Lisbon International Airport, Lisbon @ 10:30 hours local time to arrive at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja @ 03:30 hours local time on Saturday July 18th, 2020.
– Sunday, July 19th, 2020 – Departs Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja @ 05:00 hours local time to arrive Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos same day @ 06:00 hours local time.
– Sunday, July 19th, 2020 – Departs Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos same day @ 07:30 hours local time to arrive Lisbon International Airport, Lisbon, same day @ 12:30 hours local time.
– Sunday, July 19th, 2020 – Departs Lisbon International Airport, Lisbon same day @ 02:00 hours to arrive Pearson International Airport, Toronto @ 4:40 hours local time.
Touchdown travels assures all passengers, these are “last minute seats” and both the Canadian and Nigerian Aviation Authorities has granted permission to EuroAtlantic to land in the respective countries.
Furthermore, in accordance with the guidelines of the Nigerian Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, it is mandatory for all intending evacuees to undergo a COVID-19 (PCR) test and produce an original COVID-19 negative result, not older than 14 days to departure and preferably not less than 5 days pre-boarding.
This is according to guidelines published on the high commission’s website on 10th June, 2020.
All evacuees are expected to be at the airport at least 4 hours before the estimated time of departure.
All passengers will also be required to fill in a self-reporting/health assessment form which will be submitted, along with passports to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) on arrival in Nigeria.
In addition, all returnees will be expected to adhere strictly to all instructions of Port Health Services (PHS) officials and observe other entry screening protocols on arrival.
All prospective evacuees can purchase their one-way ticket at the cost of USD$1,450 by contacting Touchdown travel via phone call, email and WhatsApp for:
Canada to Nigeria & Nigeria to Canada:
Ariwoola: +234701 471 3196
Touchdown Travel: +234 805 182 1845, +234 808 471 6218