Metro News

‘Many Christians may stop going to church after coronavirus ‘ – Pastor Sam Adeyemi reveals

Sam Adeyemi

The senior pastor of the Daystar Christian Centre, Sam Adeyemi has revealed in an interview with BBC Yoruba on Tuesday, that many Christians may stop going to church after coronavirus pandemic reduces.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, churches with huge members may see a smaller congregation, as most people will now prefer to stream services from home.

He said “That’s an issue I have pondered upon severally because the church may not be the same again after this COVID-19 experience. As you can see, many people have been receiving messages via online broadcast from their homes. It’s no longer like before that they have to be physically present in churches”.

“Now that many have been used to worshiping God from the comfort of their rooms, will they go to church when COVID-19 is finally over? “Many Christians may also feel relaxed on Sundays when they usually go to church,” he added.

READ
Founder of Akure Church where boy was kidnapped, appears in court

Adeyemi also mentioned that the coronavirus outbreak has shown members if their churches care about them.

1. Rowland Olukotun

May 13, 2020 at 11:20 am

The man of God has spoken the mind of many Christians. Why would any man who claims to be a pastor and had congregation or church members under his church paying tithe, offering, project and seed offering abandoned his hungry church members and be living large in the comfort of his room with his family. This is deep.

2. Agber Matthias

May 13, 2020 at 11:34 am

@ pastor Adeyemi, your view here is absolutely correct. Covid-19 has truly exposed some hidden facts about the church of God in Nigeria. I think we(worshippers) over rated our pastors. Our vulnerabilities for spiritual help made a lot of pastors take advantage over their congregants. Personal, I will resume church activities as soon as the corona pandemic is over but believe me, I will focus more on my true worship to God.

• Yusuf

May 13, 2020 at 4:30 pm

Anybody who didn’t go church after coronavirus that is his own, but to me I will eving put more effort on going to worship center for worship.

• Owoma Enoch

May 13, 2020 at 9:04 pm

Where did Jesus Christ ask you to Go to churches that are divided? Is Christ divided? Read your Bible! Were the churches in the bible not territorial, one in Jerusalem, in Rome, in Corinth, in Galatia, in Ephesus and so on? Did they have names and were their Pastors rich and famous? Did Jesus and His Apostles collect tithes and offerings?

3. Ebenezer

May 13, 2020 at 7:39 pm

knowing too well that the assembly of brethren is necessary and isn’t supposed to be neglected I’m on my way to church even with more speed than i do this days of corona,brethren iron sharpens iron ,let’s erase this demonic issue of tithing and offering it’s not the message we’ve come to preach rather Christ love (Jesus is the message)

• Owoma Enoch

May 13, 2020 at 9:11 pm

Assembly of the brethren recommended by Apostle Paul, and fellowship in your closet recommended by Jesus Christ , which should be More important? Do you hear the Shepherd’s voice as per John 10:27? Is it Jesus that is directing you to the present man organized snd divided/ segregated churches or just religion? Check!!!

4. Owoma Enoch

May 13, 2020 at 9:18 pm

5. Owoma Enoch

May 13, 2020 at 10:38 pm

It’s indeed a great pity that today’s pastors have so become disconnected from Jesus Christ who they pretend to follow and proclaim! Did Jesus ever ask His followed to go to ANYONE ELSE BUT HIMSELF? See Matthew 11:28-30! How many of these pastors emphasize Jesus teaching about fellowship with God “IN YOUR CLOSET” (room) and in TWOS AND THREES as Jesus prescribed in the Gospels? How can Apostle Paul’s admonition “not to forsake assembling of ourselves together”, later be taken to mean church attendance? Didn’t Jesus say HE will build His church and not that these or any Pastor would in His place? How many churches do we have now? Aren’t the present churches on their own, separated from one another? As Paul asked the The Corinthians, ” IS CHRIST DIVIDED”? Why should true Christians continue to attend them? How will they know if they continue to IGNORE THEIR BIBLE’S?

6. Tell tea

May 14, 2020 at 5:01 am

The Church is a man-made branch of commerce. I stopped going in 2010. It’s been 10years now and my eyes are soooo open now that I see the incomprehensible theology, ridiculous fables, impenetrable mysteries and the childish dancing and Entertainment ceremonies as ludicrous.
    YOUR DUTY TO YOUR MAKER IS TO ADOPT GOOD DEEDS AND EXCELLENT MORALS-Historically, Morality existed/ evolved before religion (just look at Japan)
    Not through Creeds and scrupulous attendances to childish ceremonies dictated by Priestly wolves camouflaging as shepherds feeding fat on your blood and wealth. (Thats Church)
    (PLS NOTICE THIS ARE MY THOTS, I DIDN’T RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS- WE NIGERIANS DON’T DIALOGUE. WE SEE ONLY OUR VIEWS , ANY CONTRARY ONE IS SACRILEGE TO BE CRUCIFIED- COMMENT ON THE TOPIC, NOT MY COMMENT)

May 16, 2020 at 3:11 pm

I know of one church in SA that didn’t and will never abandon its people AIM in Joburg, SA. They have been and are still feeding the poor even paying fees and buying uniforms for school children. I salute the the Man of God The sole founder Pastor Alph Lukau. I am not a member of his church and I am not a SAcan resident neither I am I South African National. I follow his teachings and Church services on line. May God take him from glory to glory and the devil be put shame. I salute you Man of God Pastor Alph Lukau. SHALOM 🙏🏿