A firefighter identified on Twitter as Esan Oladimeji has raised an alarm over the poorly constructed lion cage at Abuja Park and Zoo.
Esan took to Twitter to raise the alarm after a lion in the cage almost bit his daughter’s hand when she stretched it through the porous net.
“For the safety of kids, @ParkandZooNG kindly do something about the lion net hole. My daughter fingers slid inside the net and the lion almost went for it. Kindly retweet till Mgt. of Abuja park and zoo sees it. @segalink @Fedfireng @DrJoeAbah.
Am so surprised at the response of me ‘being careless’ am getting from many citizens. Well, let me quickly make this clear
- I don’t have dull children. I have got an active and curious ones.
- Park and zoo is not the first zoo I will be visiting, so I expected the same
- lion’s cage standard as the ones I visited in the past
- .I have left the zoo with my children unharmed because I was observant enough and I rescued her with speed of light.
- The name of the zoo is ‘NATIONAL CHILDRENS PARK AND ZOO ABUJA’ so it is for children
5 This tweet is to ensure a management of park and zoo do the needful about the construction of their cage by ensuring the lions are more visible from afar and ensure an iron rod embarkment is placed at a good distance 5b. To notify the parents and guidance that might want to visit the park in the future with their children, because I don’t think I might want to have anything to do with the park and zoo again. Thank you all”.