Good Morning here are top headlines/ trending stories on top Nigerian website/newspapers for yesterday, June 12.
1 . Late MKO Abiola’s son, Abdulmumuni has decried the situation of the country as Nigerians celebrate June 12 which was declared the new Democracy Day last year.
2. As Nigerians celebrate Democracy Day for the first time on this new date June 12, here is a video of the main man, MKO Abiola speaking about the issues of corruption, nepotism, pacity of the NNPC, others 25 years ago.
3. Here are photos from the June 12 Democracy Day celebration at Eagles Square, Abuja.
4. Argentine Barcelona star, Lionel Messi has been named the top highest-paid athlete by Forbes Magazine. He sits atop his rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
5. Nigerians are talking about a particular beautiful lady with tribal marks.
6. A lady has expressed excitement after she bagged 3 degrees in the US years after a Nigerian professor wrote her off.
7. Despite the cold relationship that Buhari and the late MKO Abiola had while he was alive, the current Nigerian president, Buhari deemed it fit to honor him at his grave yard in 2011.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari renamed the Abuja National Stadium to Moshood Abiola Stadium. The president disclosed this at his inaugural speech during the Democracy Day celebration at the Eagle Square in Abuja on Wednesday. This is in honor of the late MKO Abiola who died in prison in 1998.
9. Nigeria’s wing-back, Ola Aina has been confirmed to leave Chelsea for Torino in the summer transfer window.
10. The Super Falcons of Nigeria defeated South Korea by 2 goals to nil to get their FIFA World Cup campaign back on track.