The proud father of the baby, Prince Harry has already described the boy’s birth as “absolutely to die for”, while goodwill messages for the parents have been sent from across the globe.
Below are 7 amazing things to know about the young prince of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s newborn is the seventh-in-line to the throne.
- The baby was born in the early hours of the 6th of May, 2019 weighing 7 lbs 3oz (3.2 kg).
- The baby is the eighth great-grandchild of the 93-year-old queen of England.
- The baby boy could be entitled to hold joint British and American citizenship according to nationality rules.
- According to bookmakers, Albert, Philip, Arthur and James are the favourite names for the child.
- The boy’s birth is the first mixed-race baby born into a senior position in British royalty because Meghan’s mother is African-American and father is white.
- The title of a ‘prince’ would have to be bestowed upon the child by the queen as the title isn’t automatic.