Good morning fam!
In case you missed it, here is today’s summary of the major headlines that trended on Kemi Filani News yesterday:
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission has released a seven-step guideline and voting procedure for the 2019 General Elections.
2. Mistura Ayokade Akinsanya daughter of MC Oluomo, who is currently studying International Business Administration in Estonia has reacted to rumours about her father’s death. Oluomo, a chieftain of the NURTW was on Tuesday stabbed at the APC governorship rally in Lagos and has since been on admission at Eko hospital where he’s receiving treatment.
3.The Federal Government has approved the kick off of four new private universities in Oyo, Osun, Kaduna and Ogun states.
4. Lagos State Emergency Agency (LASEMA) has given an update on the train accident that happened on Thursday morning around Ashade Ram Market in Agege area in Lagos.
The train was moving en route Ebute Metta via Oshodi from Iju with full capacity passengers before it derailed from its tracks.
“No life was lost but information gathered at the scene from the bystanders has it that the wounded victims were rushed to nearby hospitals for medical first aid.
5. Nigerian beauty queen, Iheoma Nnadi who is the wife of Nigerian international football star, Emmanuel Emenike has weighed in on the now-viral “Surviving Rkelly” incident.
The mother of one has taken to her Instastories to share her own Rkelly experience, revealing that she met the singer who is currently entangled in a sexual assault scandal, years back in South Africa some years back when she was 16.
6. Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has commenced registration for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, on Thursday, January 10 2019.
The exercise will last for six weeks and end February 21st.
JAMB warned that it would not allow the use of cyber cafes for the registration of candidates in the forthcoming 2019 UTME.
7. Dame Judith Amaechi, wife of the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has begged Nigerian women to pray for her husband against attempts by some persons to destroy his credibility.
8. Veteran actress Ngozi Nwosu has advised Nigerian parents to stop putting pressure on their kids when it comes to getting married to reduce the high rate of divorce in the nation.
9. Premier League club, Fulham have signed Chelsea winger, Victor Moses.
According to Love Sport Radio, the announcement is expected to be made before the end of this week.
Moses has fallen out of favour at Chelsea since the Blues manager, Maurizio Sarri took over from fellow Italian compatriot, Antonio Conte early this season.
10. Tinubu Hospitalised After Slumping.
The national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is currently hospitalised after slumping on the day he was made Chairman of Buhari’s Campaign Council, former Aviation minister Femi Fani-Kayode has alleged. Fani-Kayode said that the former Lagos State governor always experiences terrible things each time he was given a major role in the APC government.