Good morning fam!
In case you missed it, here is today’s summary from the major headlines that trended on Kemi Filani News yesterday:
1. Armed soldiers on Sunday invaded Daily Trust regional office in Maiduguri, Borno state and arrested the regional editor, Uthman Abubakar and a reporter, Ibrahim Sawab over the lead story of the newspaper on Sunday on military operation in the North East. Report claims the soldiers shut the gate of its Maiduguri regional office, after arresting the two editorial staff on duty at the time of the raid. The soldiers similarly invaded the Lagos and Abuja office of the newspaper.
2. Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi has reacted to his alleged condemnation of Buhari’s government in an audio tape. When he was asked for his comments on the audio that has gone viral, Amaechi said: “Nothing. I am not aware of any audio recording.”
In the said tape, Amaechi was alleged to have said that Nigeria would never change as President Buhari does not listen to anyone. He allegedly acknowledged that Nigerians are suffering in just 3 years of the president.
3. Former Chelsea footballer, John Obi Mikel has confirmed his exit from Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda.
“I broke the contract with the club, which means I will leave Teda,” Mikel told Tianjin TV Sports New Vision programme.
“As for my next stop, I am not sure yet, maybe I will return to Europe, maybe stay in China. Anyway, I would like to wish the Teda team good luck next season.”
4. Nigerian footballer Emmanuel Emenike shared his newly completed home in Owerri on social media.
The star striker built his new home in the heart of Owerri and for his housewarming event, he invited Phyno, Osita Iheme, Daddy Showkey and many more.
The last time he was heard of was when he attended his son’s graduation abroad.
Burna Boy walked away with Best Male MVP award, African Artiste of the Year award, and Song of the Year for his explosive track ‘Ye’, among others.
7. The Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Dino Melaye, has spoken from police custody.
He denied being part of the lawmakers that booed President Muhammadu Buhari, during the 2019 budget presentation before a joint session of the National Assembly on December 19, 2018.
8. As is the usual fashion of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) at the beginning of the year, the fast of the church for this year will kick off on the 11th of this month and and ends on Thursday, February 28, 2019 (49 Days).
Adeboye made this announcement at the just concluded Holy ghost service of the church at the New Auditorium, Redemption Camp.
9. Fast-rising singer, Teni could barely hide her emotions as she was announced Best New Act at the just concluded Soundcity MVPAwards Festival.
Teni took to Twitter to express herself as she wrote “I just won the Soundcity Best New Act Award. Let me sleep and wake up, maybe I’m dreaming #UyoMeyo”
10. Lionheart, Genevieve Nnaji’s first directorial debut, which stars Pete Edochie, Genevieve Nnaji herself, Nkem Owoh, popularly known as Osofia and a kick-off acting appearance by Peter Okoye of P-Square is now streaming on Netflix.
Following the drama that followed its screening on Nigerian cinema houses, many fans of the actress decided to patiently wait till it started streaming on Netflix last night.