Good morning fam!
In case you missed it, here is today’s summary of the major headlines that trended on Kemi Filani News yesterday:
1. There is tension in some parts of Lagos state, after Musiliu Akinsanya, an official of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), popularly known as MC Oluomo, was stabbed in the neck during a rally organized on Tuesday, for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
2. The Lagos State Police Command has declared Mustapha Adekunle, aka Seigo, wanted for attempting to disrupt the APC rally held at Skypower Ground, Ikeja, on Tuesday.
Seigo, an NURTW chieftain, was said to have attended the rally with his supporters. Police claim that at end of the event, Seigo and his group violently engaged other supporters of the party, which resulted in the stabbing of MC Oluomo and the shooting of some journalists.
3. The regional editor, Daily Trust Newspaper, Uthman Abubakar, who was arrested, alongside a reporter, when soldiers stormed the Maiduguri office of the newspaper has been released. The Editor-in-Chief of Daily Trust, Mannir Dan-Ali, announced the release. He was brought back to the Maiduguri office of the newspaper by an unnamed Major who handed him over to a security officer at the office.
Since the flamboyant politician switched from the ruling to the opposition party, there has been drama after drama trailing him which he also avoids theatrically from escaping en route a trial to fainting.
5. Don Jazzy has confirmed that all is not well with his record label, Mavin records. He said this in response to a question asked by one of his followers on twitter who wanted to know if the record label has ceased to exist since its top artists are already leaving.
6. The Super Falcons has been named by the Confederation of African Football as the Women’s Team of the Year 2018. The team was announced as the winner at the ongoing CAF awards in Senegal, monitored by our correspondent.
Amaju Pinnick received the award on behalf of the Super Falcons.
Salah won ahead of fellow nominees, Liverpool team-mate Sadio Mane and Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, at the Confederation of African Football’s 2018 awards ceremony in Dakar on Tuesday night.
9. Diepreye, the wife of the Nigerian Air Force pilot, Flight Lieutenant Perowei Jacob, who was killed in the Mi-35M Air Force helicopter crash in Dakwamba in Borno state on Wednesday, January 2nd, revealed how she learnt of his death on a WhatsApp status update
10. Organised labour and its civil society allies held a nationwide mobilisation and mass protest to force the government into action.
This is coming after the Federal Government’s refusal to send a draft bill on N30,000 National Minimum Wage to the National Assembly to legislate into law.