Congratulations are in order for Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, the new governor-elect of Osun state and a politician on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
This morning, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Oyetola winner of governorship election.
Following his emergence as governor-elect, here are five things you should know about him.
1. Gboyega Oyetola was born on September 29, 1954, in Iragbiji, Boripe Local Government Area of Osun.
2. The governor-elect attended Ifeoluwa Grammar School in Osogbo for his secondary school education which he completed in 1972. He proceeded to the prestigious University of Lagos where he bagged a Bachelor of Science honours degree in Insurance in 1978 and MBA finance in 1990.
3. He had his mandatory one year National Youth Service between 1978 and 1979, at Potiskum, in present day Yobe State, where he lectured at the Staff Training Centre.
4. He started his insurance career with Leadway Assurance Company after his NYSC in Maiduguri in 1980 as an assistant manager and rose to the position of area manager, control office, Lagos.
4. Oyetola was at Crusader Insurance as Underwriting Manager, Corporate Alliance Insurance as Controller Technical before he took a giant step in 1991 by establishing his own Company, Silvertrust Insurance Brokers Limited.
5. He was the Managing Director of Silvertrust for 20 years until his appointment as Chief of Staff to Governor Rauf Aregebesola of Osun state in 2011.
5. The governor-elect was a founding member of Alliance for Democracy (AD) and has been a chieftain of the party through its metamorphosis to Action Congress (AC), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and now All Progressives Congress (APC).
6. He is married to Kafayat Olaitan Oyetola and they are blessed with children.