As the Third Mainland Bridge closes to traffic between the midnight of Thursday, August 23 and Sunday, August 26, 2018, traffic maintenance officials have mapped out strategic and alternative routes where they will also be positioned to direct motorists and ensure compliance with traffic rules.
The alternative routes to use, as explained by the duo of Sector Commander of FRSC in the state, Mr. Hyginus Omeje; and the Chief Executive Officer of LASTMA, Mr. Chris Olakpe, are the following:
• Motorists coming from Lagos or Ibadan can use alternative routes to connect Ikorodu-Funso Williams, Western Avenue to Eko Bridge.
• Alternatively, from Toll Gate to Alapare-Ogudu, connect Iyana Oworo to Gbagada to Anthony, then down to Ikorodu Road.
• From Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, connect to Orile, then to Eko Bridge or Ijora Olopa.
• Moving out of Lagos Island, motorists can make their way to Adeniji Carter Bridge, Idumagbo down to Oyingbo, then to Herbert Macaulay in Yaba, to Ijora Olopa to Eko Bridge.
• People are encouraged to use the Bus Rapid Transit, BRT.
• Those coming from Ikorodu to CMS are advised to use the waterways.
Culled from Punch