Heart broken mum reveals how an Alhaji lured her daughter with scholarship and killed her

Following a petition, police detectives
have launched a manhunt for one Alhaji Usman Adamu accused of killing
Joy Adama, a 200-level student of Cross River State University of
Technology, on December 20, 2016.

It was gathered that the case was being
investigated by the IG Intelligence Response Team which was said to be
on the trail of the fleeing suspect.
Joy reportedly died in controversial
circumstances while visiting Adamu at his residence in Karmo, a
community in the Federal Capital Territory.
The mother of the deceased, Philomena, a
native of Yala Local Government Area in Cross River State, had accused
Adamu of murdering Joy under the guise of funding her university
Philomena, in a petition to the Inspector-General of Police, accused some police officers of shielding Adamu.
She said she last saw her daughter the
day Adamu reportedly requested that she should come to his house at Ibro
Quarters, Old Karmo village, to look after his sick housemaid.
The petition read, “On December 18,
2016, one Elizabeth from Ogoja LGA, Cross River State, who is my
daughter’s friend visited us and told Joy to accompany her to see one
Usman Adamu who she said was a philanthropist that gives scholarship to
young students.
“Knowing Elizabeth as a long-time friend
and without any suspicion, she innocently followed her to the said
Alhaji’s house. On getting there, my daughter called me that the Alhaji
wanted to see me, that the Alhaji wanted to help her with her education
with other girls who lived in the neighbourhood who were there with
their parents.”
She added that two days after, the man
requested for Joy’s assistance at his residence, adding that she was
troubled when her daughter failed to respond to phone calls.
She explained that efforts to reach Adamu on the telephone did not yield result until the next day when he answered his call.
The woman said Adamu pretended not to know who she was and even feigned ignorance about Joy.
She said it was later that Nkem Raphael, divisional police officer of Karmo Police Station, informed her that Joy had died.
“On getting to the police station, the
DPO informed us that all the girls that went to Alhaji’s house are all
unconscious; that one is not responding to treatment while the others
are responding. We requested to see Joy but we were turned down and
asked to come back the next day,” she said.
She added, “The next day I went back to
the police station with relatives and a lawyer who is a close family
friend. To my utter shock, I was told that my daughter was dead and had
been taken to the mortuary.
“We asked to know how, why and what led
to Joy’s death and the DPO declined further comments. Our lawyer asked
if the Alhaji had been arrested but he bluntly told us that as far he
was concerned, Alhaji was not culpable, no crime had been committed,
that my daughter died a natural death and he cannot arrest Adamu.
“He told the lawyer to take the matter
to his superiors but that he had already informed them about the matter
and as far as they were concerned, Alhaji could not be arrested.”
The bereaved mother   said the DPO
directed her to the Federal Medical Centre, Airport Road, Abuja, where
she discovered that her daughter’s corpse had been embalmed.
Philomena explained that the hospital
staff informed her that the corpse was brought in on December 21 and
embalmed after Adamu claimed to be the girl’s father, adding that the
DPO instructed the hospital to accept the corpse.
The aggrieved woman said she inquired
from the police officer why her daughter was embalmed without her
consent, but he “bluntly told us not to pursue this case further, that
he would advise us to dialogue with Usman Adamu for our daughter’s
burial. He said if we knew what was good for us, we should agree to
whatever the Alhaji will offer us and desist from further pursuing this
She stated that Adamu then offered to
settle the matter with N300,000 which she said infuriated her prompting
her to brief a lawyer.
Philomena said, “The lawyer insisted
that further investigation be carried out. The DPO again called for a
second meeting where we met with Umoru Shehu; an assistant inspector
general of police in charge of intelligence at force headquarters.
“Shehu told us bluntly also that
investigation in this matter had been closed and could not be reopened.
He asked Adamu to add an additional N100,000 to his initial offer but
Adamu told us harshly that that was the best he could do and that it was
his final decision.”
The FCT Police spokesman, Usen Omorodion, said on Sunday that the case had been transferred from the command to the IRT.
The Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, could not be reached for further update on the investigation.
Katsina college releases Buhari’s statement of results...he had F9 in Maths (LOOK)

Kemisola Adeyemi

Kemisola Adeyemi is the Assistant Editor of Kemi Filani News. She loves to write and write and write and hopes to own a publishing firm someday! Email: [email protected]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button