He’d been away for almost two months at the time and even his closest aides were at a loss in describing his disappearance.
Sure enough, after 49 days of an indefinite medical vacation in the UK, the president finally returned home.
Although he hasn’t been seen more than a few times, these random
eight photos of his show that he’s happy to be back. Generally speaking
1. Fresh off the chopper that took him from Kaduna airport to Aso Rock
We always knew you were alive sir
2. Catching up with the Central Bank governor, Godwin Emefiele
The exchange rates haven’t improved much since you left sir
3. Smiling broadly on his first day back at work
Ah my people! I’ve missed you all
4. Receiving a ridiculously large greeting card from a governor
It’s the size of our gratitude to have you back sir
5. Oshey fans!
One love my people. One love
6. One two, buckle my shoe…
Let me even see if this London shoe’s my size
7. Yemi, look at Fayose coming to FEC Meeting in short knickers …
That boy just enjoys being unruly abi, Yemi?
8. But see as dollar is coming down. Oya bring bottled water let’s pop something!
Bottled water o, Yemi. Before they say we’re still spending unholy money
Some 50 Nigerians were on Thursday deported from eight European countries for committing immigration-related offences.
The Nigerians were deported variously from Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Luxembourg, Austria, Belgium, Spain and Hungary. Their deportation is coming barely 48 hours after another set of 40 Nigerians were deported by the Italian government, for similar reasons.
The fresh batch of deportees, comprising of 48 males and two females, arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Lagos at about 7.36 a.m.
Some were said to be stranded, perhaps confused on what to do with their lives as they arrived NAHCO gate.