President Muhammdu Buhari left Nigeria on Monday, January 23, 2017, for a 10-day vacation in the United Kingdom. Amidst rumours of President Buhari’s death, some notable persons have seen and spoken with him since he departed Nigeria for London.
We list five notable personalities who recently had contacts with President Buhari.
1. Governor Ibikunle Amosun: A photo of Ogun state governor, Ibikunle Amosun with President Buhari hit the internet on Friday, January 27, 2017. In the picture, President Buhari looked calm on a sofa with the governor and other personalities. Although the exact location in U.K was not given, it is reported that the President was enjoying his 10-day vacation.
2. Aisha Buhari: Another picture surfaced on Sunday, January 29, 2017, showing the First Lady, Aisha Buhari by the side of the President
3. Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo: Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo told State House correspondent on Monday, February 6, 2017, that he had a long chat with President Buhari earlier. Prof. Osinbajo also said he knows President Buhari’s health status but will not disclose it.
4. Buhari’s sister: Hajiya Rakiya, the only surviving sister of President Buhari told NAN on Wednesday, February 8, 2017, that she speaks with her brother daily. She further called on Nigerians to pray for President Buhari for him to succeed in the task of addressing the problems facing the nation.
5. Senate President, Bukola Saraki: In a tweet, late hours of Wednesday, Senator Bukola Saraki disclosed that he spoke with President Buhari. According to Saraki, President Buhari was in good spirits and joked about him working late into the night. President Buhari extended his 10-day vacation in London, United Kingdom in order to complete and receive the results of a series of tests recommended by his doctors.