Calamity befell Koko town in the Koko
Local Government Area of Kebbi State after a couple, Kehinde and Kehinde
Sarafa, were burnt to death in a fire that gutted their apartment.
The couple’s three children, Abdullahi
(male, four years old); Alimat (female, three years old) and Moriam
(female, one year old), were also reportedly burnt beyond recognition.
friends and family members of the victims that Kehinde, aka Lasisi, had
been living with his family in Sokoto State, where he worked as a
digital photo printer.
about four months of shuttling from Sokoto where his family was, and
Kebbi, the place of his new job, he decided to relocate his wife and
children to his two-bedroomed flat in Koko.
the electricity distribution company restored power, there was said to
have been an explosion in the meter, which resulted in the fire.
Sokoto before he got a job in Koko. On Sunday, he went to pick his
family members in Sokoto to live with him. He had been living alone in
Koko until then. They had just spent one day together in the house when
the incident happened.
comfortable by turning on the generator in the evening. I think he had
not been using the generator before then, and because of that, he did
not detect that the generator and regular electricity wires were not
asleep, but the generator was still running. So, there might have been a
jam between the generator and the regular power, which resulted in the
fire. By the time they woke up, the flames had blocked their exit route.
They cried for help, but people could not gain access to the place.
door open and even removed the windows, but it was all in vain, until
the time they stopped calling for help.”
in the town in accordance with Islamic rites, adding that the family
could not identify the corpses because they were burnt beyond
evening. He told me that they still had some of their property in
Sokoto. Even my wife spoke with his wife, Kehinde, around 8.30pm the
same evening. It was around 2.30am that one of their neighbours called
me to say there was a fire incident and they all died. Only their
apartment was affected. We are in shock because nobody expected it,” he
worked with Spectrum Digital Lab in Sokoto from September 2015 to
sometime in September 2016, when he relocated to Koko.
Bayode Oluwaseyi, described him as a diligent man who went through a lot
of difficulty before having a breakthrough.
analogue to the digital era, and he contributed a lot to the photo
printing world. After all the problems he went through before the
breakthrough in September, it was unfortunate this tragedy befell him
and his family members,” he said.
sad! I can’t help but wonder what life is even all about. A generation
(died), in a day and at the same time! Oh Jesus, may their souls rest in
perfect peace and may Almighty God forgive their shortcomings and grant
Officer, ASP Mustapha Suleiman, said the victims were killed by fire
from a high power voltage.
family was asleep when power was restored. However, because it was high
power voltage, there was an electrical problem, which started the fire.
All the family members were killed.”
Thursday daily devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye ( Open Heavens 12 January 2017) – The Hidden Source of Blessing
Topic: The Hidden Source of Blessing [Thursday 12, January 2017]
Read: Psalm 40:14-17 (KJV)
14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul
to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me
15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.
16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as
love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon...
The love-up couple Awele Nwokolo met Afam JohnPaul Nwokolo after he sent her a friend request on Facebook three years ago. Once she accepted his request and confirmed that they aren't
related, as they both have same last name, he told her to send her house
address and her mom's phone number because as soon as he arrived back
in Nigeria, he was going to tell her parents he's going to marry their
daughter. Fast forward to January, 2017, he popped the question with a
beautiful diamond ring. Their meeting was trailed with some
coincidences...they both bear the same surname, Nwokolo, their fathers
are from Asaba, Delta state and mothers from Illah, Delta state and to
top it all, their grandmothers happened to be childhood friends.
Read their love story below: "3 years ago, I...
is investing additional $40 billion in Nigerian economy, its Foreign
Affairs Minister, Mr Wang Yi, said on Wednesday at a bilateral meeting
with his Nigerian counterpart, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, in Abuja.The Minister said China has already invested up to the tune of $45 billion in the Nigerian economy.
and China are strategic partners; our relations have been developing
well. China has already invested or financed a total number of
$22billion projects here in Nigeria, another $23billion projects are
“In addition, we are also following up another over
$40billion of investments which is in the pipeline. Compare with the
size, population and market of our two countries, our cooperation still
have large potential to be deepened,” he said.
The minister said
in order to achieve further development and prosperity of the two
countries, the nation need to strengthen its political, mutual trust and