He died at the age of 86 years after a protracted illness in Florida in the United States of America today, Tuesday, September 7, 2016.
These are other top 10 facts about Micheal Ibru that Nigerians should know.
1. He was the head of the Ibru Organization, one of the largest conglomerates in Nigeria.
2. He was born to the family of Peter Epete and Janet Omotogor Ibru, a missionary, who also worked at Igbobi Orthopaedic Hospital, Lagos, in 1930.
3. In 1956, Ibru was just a 26-year-old young man, yet he had the vision and the boldness to leave the U.A.C (African United Company), and started a partnership with an expatriate, Jimmy Large, which he called Laibru
4.. His death is coming about 5 weeks after his brother, Senator Felix Ovuodoroye Ibru, was buried in their hometown.
5.. The successful businessman also tried his hands in politics, contesting the 1983 governorship election of the old Bendel state. However, he lost to Samuel Ogbemudia.
6 .Olorogun Michael Ibru was an international businessman, philanthropist, educator, a lover of children, grassroots organizer and community leader gained the respect, trust and love of the entire country
7. He established a transportation company, called Rutam. He also invested in palm oil production.
8. As a traditional chieftain of his homeland, Ibru bore the tribal honorific Olorogun and often used it as a pre-nominal style.
10. He was also a member of the Liberal Convention and the New Movement, which metamorphosed to become NRC.
Let go and Let God handle the business of bringing your soulmate | Lady shares amazing story of how she found love and got engaged in six months
By now you must have known how much Kemi Filani Blog loves the instagram page, Myunfilteredng
where peeps share different stories.... Some are pretty, Others are
raw, painful and brutally honest. And not every story has a happy ending
but many of the stories of faith will inspire you and help you along
this journey called life.
A lady called Tosin Oke (pictured above), who had her wedding introduction a few months ago and is set to wed before the year ends, shared her story with the Instagram page today, enjoy!
I used to be a very fearful person. I’d worry and be afraid for no apparent reason. It began to eat into my relationships. I’d date...